A Couple o' Mooks


Just trying a little exercise last night in form that I stole from an amazing artist Marco Bucci. I tried to keep the shapes simple and the strokes quick. The idea was to make them look like clay sculptures in a simple rough stage. Harder than it looks! I also tried to take very little time on this one..about 1/2 an hour I think. Sometimes I spend so much time on things I think it starts to kill the spontaneous nature of the drawings, kinda like cleaning up your roughs in 2d animation. Anyways, tell me what you think.

6 comments:

marcobucci said...

They turned out real nice Adrian! Nice designs too. I'm glad you found the excersize useful - I sure did!

Todd Harris said...

great job adrian, i think this is a great post.

GhettoFab said...

I likes alot! turned out nicely Adrian

bog_art said...

I remember this Marco's post.. you did a great job!!..

Heather said...

they really do look like clay.

skanes said...

good study, feller...