They're Back




Again with the space apes! I'm loving them! I was thinking the other day, "Why space apes?" and I came up with the simple freedom of imagination it lends itself to. I mean really, they can be whatever I want, shoot whatever I want, look any way I want and on and on. What more could an artist need. I'm tring to realy work on my painting skills and light and shadow so these let me really push different light and effects which is quite difficult for me. I always like to play it safe and the excercise of just Dramatic Light is really helping me understand light much better.

Obviously I'm still working on my porfolio or you would be reading about my nervers being on end waiting for replies. I've got to be honest, that prospect scares the life out of me; that waiting and wondering and nailbiting. Hahahaha.
Can't wait to hear what you guys think! Peace!

7 comments:

Ryan said...

I am very much lovin the space apes!

bog_art said...

haha, yes they are back.. It is great to have a good topic to draw like space monkeys.. it helps you a lot to develop your art..

marcobucci said...

great space apes! I really like the palette on the second one.

Ali Kellett said...

Hello, not to sure if you remember me but i used to go to Cuts and I really liked your work. My name is Ali, anywho i live in Florida now and just set up my computer. I remembered your website and decided to see what you've been up to. I really like all the new stuff and the space apes are awesome!!!

Florian Satzinger said...

Oh yes, SPACE APES! That's to my taste, absolutely. Congrats!

Joe said...

Very creative characters.

Anonymous said...

hey mr.lubbers
the space apes are so awesome
all ur other stuff is really great
i love when u draw pictures of people in my class when ur subbing
its so awesome!!