Mr. Gigglesworth


I've been doing a lot of design and painting work lately just trying new brushes, colors, lighting etc. and it's been quite rewarding thus far, aside from the obvious frustration as well. This is a little doodle of a guy at the coffee shop but he reminded me so much of a stuffy, cynical elementary school teacher, I had to paint him. He's got that, "Oh god just let the day end!" look that so many teachers exhibit. Those of you who teach with me will recognize this look as I present it to you 4 out of the 5 days I teach!

6 comments:

Patrick said...

Nice work here on your blog! Cool to see someone else that is new to Painter trying to get their chops up! Great program, but it does require some practice as I have also discovered! Keep up the good work!!!

marcobucci said...

Lots of character in this sketch! I love the placement of his mouth. PERFECT for this kind of attitude. I know the type all too well. And man, was I ever flattered (and shocked!) to have been named on your post below. Those animals are awesome - you're showing me how it's done!

skanes said...

nice work dood...nice work on the detail around the glasses and eyes. i gotsta get practicing more...

Grant Alexander said...

Haha! I hope teaching isn't that bad for you. Your digi-paints are coming along man. Nice character.

Scott Wright said...

Me likey!

Alina Chau said...

COOLIO painting!