The Wild Life


I was checking out Marco Bucci's blog and I was inspired to do some animals of my own and revisit the old watercolors. I find it's always great to pull out a brush and get dirty again since so much work is done digitally today. I am definitely going to do some more as soon as I can find the time to do some more drawings. The house is almost ready except for the work I have left to do..ie. painting it! Yes it's ironic isn't it..I just said it's nice to get dirty again but I gotta tell ya, I'm not looking forward to painting an entire house. Maybe I will do some more digital work on second thought.

12 comments:

skanes said...

well done lubbzy...it always feels great to get the tactility of the ol' brush from time to time. good on ya...

Megan said...

Ah, gotta love the old water colors. I want to do another oil painting soon, just can't decide what to slap onto the old canvas. Really love the Rhino!

Scott Wright said...

Adrian!!!!

Welcome to the blog land. I'm very excited to see your work. Lots of great stuff here.

Love these animals are awesome!!! I'd love to see more.

Tim Bye said...

Fantastic animals! The 5 work really well together aswell - My favourite is the giraffe - the expression and pose are superb!

Ali Kellett said...

Love your work your blog is pretty sweet as well. Your paintings are amazing and have given several of my friends great inspiration. My personal favorite is the tiger, even though you did a great job on all of them.

marcobucci said...

As I said on the post above this one - I'm honoured to have been mentioned here. Now I wish I pushed MY animals this far! That giraffe is just superb.

Ethe said...

Great animal characters! Awasome colours!

Alina Chau said...

AWESOME animal drawings!! Make me feel like going to the zoo and draw some animals!

Michelle said...

These are nice. I like the zebra and the elephant best.

beaux said...

Nice shapes, great work

P A R I D H I.P said...

pretty nice work!!
The elephant reminds me of the one in the Disney's jungle book!!

Good work!!

sfumato said...

nice work !!!