First Entry


















My continued passion for animals has led me down some exciting paths over the years. It seems that every time I see one, whether it's a cow in a pasture or some exotic species in the zoo, I can't resist the urge to draw. Eventually, I wanted to try painting as I found the varied colors and textures of each individual animal simply mesmerizing. What I came to realize as well is that each new animal presents an entirely different challenge due to their unique shapes, textures, colors, and more importantly, personalities.It's amazing to spend the day drawing animals . While you are concentrating on form and light and every little detail you start to realize that those are not the attributes which comprise the animal...its the "personality" inside that is so fascinating. Their innocence is beautiful yet at the same time misleading. Their simplicity is what makes them so wonderful to draw.

No comments: